London – The number of deaths from the earthquake of magnitude 7.7 last week in Myanmar increased to 3,085 people from Thursday morning, according to an update published by the country’s military government.
Other 4,715 people have been injured and another 341 remain missing, said the Board.
The epicenter of the earthquake of magnitude on Friday was near the northern city of Mandalay, the second largest city of Myanmar. But severe damage has been informed throughout the country, with thousands of razed buildings, destroyed roads and bridges collapsed.
The earthquake also shook Thailand, where at least 22 people have been confirmed killed and another 35 wounds in the capital Bangkok, according to the city’s metropolitan administration.

In this photo published by the Xinhua news agency, rescuers perform survivors searches at the residence of Villa Sky collapsed in Mandalay, Myanmar, on April 1, 2025.
CAI YG/AP
Most of the casualties there were related to the collapse of a high -height building that was under construction when the powerful earthquake hit the region.
The search and rescue teams have been working 24 hours a day to find the 72 people who were reported as missing from the incident, said Bangkok officials, hoping that some can still be alive under the heavy and thick layers of debris seven days later.
City officials expressed concern that it could rain on Thursday, which could hinder continuous search and rescue efforts.
“We hope a miracle will occur,” the administration said in an update of the situation published on Facebook.
“For those trapped under the rubble, if they are still alive, heat may not be a big problem because there are breathing rooms and is not so hot as above,” he said. “The main problem is dehydration.”